So, this week’s challenge, for me, I would have to put a big fat red x in the FAIL COLUMN. My little family and I went out for a family outing on Sunday to a wonderful arboretum in the area, we wore bright colored clothing and had hot dogs before heading over. The main flaw was that I chose to wear my bangs off of my forehead which equals GIGANTIC FOREHEAD. Which equals OHMYGODDONTDOTHATEVERAGAIN.
The second flaw was that it was terribly, terribly sunny outside which is not ideal for taking photos.
The third flaw was that after placing the camera on the tripod, I never checked back to see how the layout was. It wasn’t until we got home that I saw that I was chopping Brian’s head off. Poor guy.
The final flaw happened after I had found the perfect spot for my little family to take the most perfect family photo. It was stunning. Green grass, shade, big rocks providing texture and color, birds chirping. As we were about to set up, Brian realized he left his sunglasses somewhere on the trail, so he set off to get his sunglasses. In the meantime, I let the kids run around inside the pavilion because when the kids run around, Mom gets a full night’s sleep.
I did warn them to “be careful” because I’m motherly like that. All of a sudden I saw Racecar fall backwards onto the concrete floor, I started to dart towards him when Ariel ran towards me holding her nose. Her very bloody nose. AT which point, Brian arrived. I cupped my hands underneath her nose and blood poured into my hands. I had nothing except the clothes on my back, no purse, no tissues.
We made our way to the bathrooms, at which point, both of my aching, crying children declared that they just wanted to leave.
And so with that, I turned towards my beautifully shaded area and waved a somber farewell.
And so I am left with this. Head cut off, squinty eyes, horrid posture, but man, do I love this little family of mine.
How did it go for you? It’s your turn to share!
(there is a very good chance Mr. Linky is not working, if it’s not please leave your link in the comments!)
Don’t forget this very important information:
1. You can join in on this challenge at any time! We welcome & love new participants.
2. Please make sure you are linking directly to your specific You Capture post in Mr. Linky (and not just your site, for instructions, go here) and please make sure you are linking back to this challenge in your post. If you don’t abide by this, your link will be removed. (I know, I’m so mean.)
3. Try your hardest not to reuse a picture from your archives, the goal of You Capture is to get you moving with your camera, get creative! Challenge yourself!
4. Do your best to visit the other participants’ site – everyone loves the traffic, the comments and the feedback (not just you!)
5. And finally, post as many pictures as you want on your post.
Get out your cameras and put on your thinking caps – I am EXCITED about this challenge!