I love summer. Today was unbelievably hot, by far the hottest day this year. We spent the majority of the day, no, we spent ALL day inside the house all cooped up because it was so darn hot outside. I found myself getting frustrated that we spent all winter waiting to go outside and then summer finally comes and it’s too hot to go outside.
But tonight, I just had to get out. I started weeding my garden. And then I started sweating. And then my daughter came out to talk to me. It was very sweet. I picked up my camera and captured summer. Right there in my yard.
We moved into this house on July 1 of last year. Last year at this time, our yard was dirt, mud, weeds. It has come a long way. I love that when I see my house, I see summer.
This was my daughter’s third outfit today. For no other reason then to change clothes. But that’s okay. I don’t mind.
Summer sprinkling is always a necessity.
And you know what else screams summer to me? WEEDS. These particular weeds remind me of when I was younger. Back then I thought they were wonderful flowers.
But no. Just weeds. Really cute weeds.
Did you have fun this week? I hope you did. We certainly spent a lot of time playing in kiddie pools and sprinklers, have I mentioned I love summer? Because I do. A lot.
Now it’s your turn to share your summer goodness.
1. You can join in on this challenge at any time! We welcome & love new participants.
2. Please make sure you are linking directly to your specific You Capture post in Mr. Linky (and not just your site, for instructions, go here) and please make sure you are linking back to this challenge in your post. If you don’t abide by this, your link will be removed. (I know, I’m so mean.)
3. Try your hardest not to reuse a picture from your archives, the goal of You Capture is to get you moving with your camera, get creative! Challenge yourself!
4. Do your best to visit the other participants’ site – everyone loves the traffic, the comments and the feedback (not just you!)
5. And finally, post as many pictures as you want on your post.
Photographer’s choice. You get to share whatever you want. I’m hoping to get some inspiration and ideas for future challenges from you! So click and share, I can’t wait to see. Be as creative as you want to be!
HAPPY CAPTURING, FRIENDS!