Hi friends. I have to say, I think I could possibly go with shapes as our theme every single week, wouldn’t that be fun? No? Not so much? A little boring, you say?
Either way, I had a really, REALLY fun time with this one mainly because I was at my friend Lovelyn’s house and her house is AMAZING and I could take pictures of her house all day long and guess what? I did.
The coolest thing is that Lovelyn is like a million times more amazing than her house which says a lot because her house is AMAZING. (I can’t seem to stress that enough.) And being the psychotic freak that I am, I walked around her house and took pictures for like three hours.
I’m good company. Do not ever invite me to your home.
I had to sort through all of the lovelies I took and narrowed it down to six. So, let’s get started.
First, I bought this bracelet back in April, it has four butterflies and four hearts on it and I adore it, so much. It’s very much a part of me now. I love that’s it’s in the shape of a circle yet is made up of two different shapes and it’s on Lovelyn’s orange couch.
I currently really, really like orange. Don’t you just love the texture of her couch against the bracelet? I do.
I love it when I really like my own photos. I really like these. Probably because I really like my bracelet. And orange.
This is her entry way. SO MANY RECTANGLES.
Lovelyn has four (adorable, well-behaved) daughters. This pile of tin boxes was in her daughter’s room. Perfectly situated.
I love that this photo is filled with circles and cylinders.
Here is Lovelyn’s backsplash in her kitchen. Magnificent, no?
I have many more photos that I intend to share with all of you. I’m sure if you are half as nosey as I am, you’ll be back to see what else is inside her home. Am I right or am I right?
So now, IT’S YOUR TURN, BABY, but first, some of you are signing Mr. Linky which is beautiful and awesome but you’re not linking back to You Capture which is NOT beautiful and awesome. So, if you are new here…just a quick run through of the directions (below) would be very much appreciated, k? I will be deleting links for those that aren’t complying this week which is annoying because deleting links is annoying.
1. You can join in on this challenge at any time! We welcome & love new participants.
2. Please make sure you are linking directly to your specific You Capture post in Mr. Linky (and not just your site, for instructions, go here) and please make sure you are linking back to this challenge in your post. If you don’t abide by this, your link will be removed. (I know, I’m so mean.)
3. Try your hardest not to reuse a picture from your archives, the goal of You Capture is to get you moving with your camera, get creative! Challenge yourself!
4. Do your best to visit the other participants’ site – everyone loves the traffic, the comments and the feedback (not just you!)
5. And finally, post as many pictures as you want on your post.
Next week’s challenge will be about editing – BLACK AND WHITE! (to be posted on July 23rd.)
I did just find out about a new photo editing software that is being offered for FREE. I have never used it before, but thought you guys may find it useful, especially since it’s FREE. Anyone can download Aurora to own it forever – for free – between 9:15 am EST on 7/15 and 9:15 am EST on 7/16. Just visit www.lightcrafts.com/aurora, select “buy now,” and enter FREE24 at checkout.
If you try it out, let me know what you think!
Now’s it’s your turn to share!