I wish I could come here and tell you something worth hearing except I have nothing. We traveled to Chicago, waited TWO SOLID + hours to see the doctor and she didn’t know anything without us getting further bloodwork.
We won’t know anything until tomorrow afternoon. I suppose one positive thing is that she did talk to us about what happens if the blood work comes back as this or if it comes back as THAT. (THAT BEING THE BAD THING.) So, we feel prepared and somewhat knowledgeable about the situation. But still lost, very lost.
I do have specifics but I’m not quite comfortable sharing what little we do know on this blog without knowing our final test result. I fear sharing information that may not be quite correct so I’m just going to keep it simple for now. Basically it goes something like this:
Scenario one – (best case) yes, I’ve tested positive for this thing, but it’s still okay and the pregnancy can continue on our normal worry status.
Scenario two – yes, I’ve tested positive for this thing and yes, we need to be alarmed and will be monitored very, very closely throughout the rest of my pregnancy. Prayers would be needed.
It wasn’t a complete loss today, we did get to hear the baby’s heartbeat and it was awesome.
So we continue to wait…prayers and positive thoughts are always encouraged and appreciated and loved and did I say appreciated?
Because we really do appreciate your support so much.